Monday, December 8, 2008





In the "i" image above, I continued to play with typograhy. Typography intrigues me and I found that I really enjoyed making compositions with letters. I went a little bit further and read some online tips on typography for designers and its importance in today's grahic design. I came across a couple of links that I found very interesting, so I will post them here. They are http://informationarchitects.jp/the-web-is-all-about-typography-period/ and http://ampersandvirgule.blogspot.com/2006/06/architect-of-page.html. I learned that typography is about being an architect and creating a page to serve the function of readability, aesthetics, cost, and connotation. In a book I purchased on typography, the author related that typography is like the conductor of the orchestra. I found that to be faschinating insight. I never thought much about typography before, but now I will always pay attentiont to it. There is an emotional response to typography that readers will have. Interestingly, I read that some readers read with their eyes and some with their ears. I've never heard of that before, so I would like to get more educated in that aspect of design.

In the geometric design above, I tried to create something that is suspended and resembles shapes that we see each day, but that is somewhat abstract.

No comments: