Friday, October 3, 2008



























So the above were my first creations. I have entitled them: Space Walk, Space Stars, Elephants and Birds, Shell, Bird and Fish, and Boxes because that's what they started out to be but ended up being suspended something.
Interestingly, the elephants and birds won out in class. If we would have had a break in between presentations, I would have pulled that one off because I did not think it represented anything from a distance.
My own personal favorites were the shell, space walk, and bird and fish. I happened to create those as I was playing in Illustrator. I stopped when I saw them and thought they represented something real. I am not sure how that happens when we draw or try to be creative. There is a point when the scribbles take on a life of their own and it becomes art. I really think that the moment the image embodies something familiar to us seen in nature or around us, something is triggered inside of us and we realize that it speaks back to us. That's what happened to me with those pieces. They stopped me and I was satisfied with the "creation."
Now on to assignment two.

No comments: